Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"A Jogger's Invitation"

This story was shared with me from this past Sunday.

A first time guest joined us for worship. Someone asked her how she found Living Hope. She replied, "A jogger told me about you." She went on to explain,"I was driving around town looking for a church. I saw a jogger. I pulled over and asked him if he knew of a good church for me to visit. The jogger told me to check out the church two doors down at Mcewen. He told me that the church was 'good people and they do a lot to help others.' So, I came in for a visit."

Living Hope Church, thank you for BEING the church! I hope you receive this as encouragement and affirmation that stepping out to be poured out is making a difference. Even a jogger who does not attend Living Hope, but lives in the community, sees something of God in you. Praise God! Praise God!

See you this weekend for our "Don't Go to Church, Be the Church!"

No comments: