Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"The Light is Not At the End of the Tunnel"

The other day I received a face book message from LH member, Vickie McBride.  (You may recall her name from a fundraiser we participated at El Rancho Grande this past winter.  Vickie has been fighting cancer.  She has made it through chemotherapy and surgeries and now she is enduring radiation.  Please continue pray for Vickie and her family).  In her face book message she shared a truth from God that she had received that has been carrying her through this process and she gave me permission to share it with you. 

She said, " HIS light is only a step in front of me and not at the "end of the tunnel"."  Isn't that an awesome truth from God?! 

Life really can become dark at times, can't it? As we have been studying in Ephesians 6:10 and following, "our struggle is not against flesh and blood..." It is not against what we can see, but unseen forces of darkness.  And these forces can make things seem so dark that it appears there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Have you ever felt like that?  When I feel like that, I find myself saying things like, "Here we go again," or "This is never going to end" or "I just can't keep going" or "I give up."  It can be extremely overwhelming, scary and discouraging to not see any light at the end of the tunnel. 

However, God's word of hope to Vickie is for all of us.  It is straight form the Bible.  God never promised to be our light at the end of the tunnel.  He is not waiting at the end to see if we will make it.  No!  He promises to gives us light for each step we take.  He is walking just a step ahead of us, giving us exactly the light we need as we need it.  And when you are walking through a time of darkness, isn't that what is needed most--light for the next step, his nearness and his guidance?

I hope Vickie's word from God encourages you as much it did me.  Next, time I do not see light at the end of the tunnel, I am going to thank God and look at the next step before because that is where I will see HIS LIGHT! 

No comments: