Wednesday, April 3, 2013

YES!

I love how the Message paraphrase of the Bible interprets the word, "Amen," with "Yes!"  That is a great translation actually.  Amen means, "I agree wholeheartedly.  That is the truth.  Yes, yes, make it so God!"

Today, that is my word, "Yes!" or if you prefer, "Amen!"

You see, I like many others, are now breaking through to the other side of seasonal depression.  I can honestly say that this year, was best year yet in walking through the dark gray days of Ohio winters.  Each year, God gives me something new that better helps me.  This year, he helped me receive the value of walking through the valley.  That is why this year I have not talked about it unless asked about it (By the way, I appreciate those of you who did ask and prayed for me).  Each gray day, I was asking God to use that time to teach and grow me in my dependence on him.  And he did. Yes!

But, God says in Psalm 23 that we walk through the valley of the shadow of death. He does not say we must pitch a tent there and call it home.  And so today I am saying "Yes!" to the other side of darkness.  I am saying yes to the other side of winter. I am saying yes to the other side where the sun does shine again.  Yes! Yes! Yes!

I don't know what your valley is, but I do want to encourage you.  Keep on waking through it. Whatever you do, don't stop in the valley. The only thing worst than walking trough the valley is to stay in the valley.  Jesus' resurrection is your way to the other side!  Stop doubting and believe!

Need some more encouragement?  Take a moment to slowly read through and meditate on Psalm 23 today.  It is full of God's promise for you!

No comments: