Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Difference the Gap Makes



The gap between what is wrong and what God wills is no bigger than one person's intercessory prayer (see Ezekiel 22:30-31). When I step into that gap I see how much God cares.  When I see how much God cares, his love changes me.  When I am changed, others are changed.  Thank you for letting God touch you to touch others!

To all of you who donate food items or serve with to Food 2 Go, give to the Poured Out Fund or participate in GL Scrip or Kroger's rewards, here are just two stories of how God is using you to make a difference:

"I had to share my first heartwarming story of the year as today is the first Friday I have delivered the f2g bags to the children. Since many of my students are Kindergartners they have not participated in the program before. When I do the first delivery, I take the students out of class just for a moment to explain what the bag is and why their back packs will be heavier on Fridays.. This morning a student walked out to the hallway and saw the bag sitting in front of his locker. He recognized what it was immediately from older siblings who’ve brought bags home in previous years. He literally jumped up and down and said, “is that for me??” When I told him that it was, he excitedly said, “Aw man, I’ve really been wanting one of those!!!” Even his eyes were smiling!! Amazing that these kids see a white plastic bag all tied up and instantly know what it is.

Thanks again for all the work you do on behalf of our children. Please pass our message of thanks on to all those who help in this ministry."

Sincerely,
Lauren Ostberg (Centerville Schools Employee)


"It is wonderful to see the relief and delight that some of the kids experience when they get their bags.  We have a 6th grader in our building and their family is considered homeless at this time and he was absolutely over the moon and truly grateful that we were giving him and his 7th grade sister food to have over the weekend.  Centerville is fortunate to have such a wonderful program!!  Thank you!"

Arleen Petty (Centerville Schools Employee)

Praise God!

No comments: