Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Normal"

The doctor's office just called with the results from Anna's test last Friday. The results show that everything is "normal." I have never been so happy to hear "normal." We are so grateful! Praise God! Thank you for caring!

The last several days have been an incredible journey of receiving the "WITH" of God (see Sunday's service if that does not make sense at www.elivinghope.com). God allowed us to experience his peace before we knew the results. That does not say anything about us (we wrestle with fears and doubts just as much as anyone), but it does say a whole lot about our Father in heaven. God did not give us the answer before the doctor did. He did not tell us the results before the results were read. Rather as our fears were faced he asked us, "Do you trust me?" He gave us a choice...trust him or not trust him?

Everyday in the scares, struggles and circumstances of life we are faced with that question...do we trust Him? Will we receive his WITH during the time of uncertainty? Will we acknowledge him as the giver of all good things when the results are good? Will we continue to trust him when the results are not good? Its no easy question and no easy choice, but more than anything else Jesus wants us to live alive to his peace no matter what life does or does not bring. The question is will I invite him into the places of my greatest fears and biggest questions and before I receive any answers and before anything changes, will I trust him?

This was not the first time life has made me hear God's question, "Do you trust me?", loud and clear and it won't be the last, but I know this...I would rather live in the peace of his presence than locked up in fear. What about you?

See John 20:19-22.

4 comments:

djstewart said...

Pastor Chad and Kimberly, I am so happy for you and the good news about Anna. You have all been in my thoughts and prayers. Praise the Lord!

Diana Stewart

Chad said...

Thank you, Diana!

Unknown said...

Praise God! I am so glad for your good news! I listened to that message last week.

This is a very hard-hitting question:

"The question is will I invite him into the places of my greatest fears and biggest questions and before I receive any answers and before anything changes, will I trust him?"

Thanks, Chad.

Chad said...

Deanna,

That is the big question, isn't it? It is for me...