Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Press On"

Psalm 91:4 reads, "...his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."

This is a verse that has provided me with much encouragement and hope. It is one that seems to always come to mind just when I need it. It reminds me that God's faithfulness will always guard and protect me.

I especially value the image of God's faithfulness being my shield. A shield is not something you use to protect your rear end as you run away from the enemy. Rather you hold a shield in front of you as you move forward in the face of the enemies attack. No matter what circumstances of life or the enemy of my soul throws at me, I am reminded that as God's child, I am to never retreat. With His faithfulness as my shield, I am to press forward until I see God's faithfulness overcome in my enemy.

I was just thinking that may be today someone feels like they are in a battle. Your enemy is hammering away at you. You are feeling tired and beaten down. You are tempted to retreat or even worst just give up and let the enemy win. Please receive Psalm 91:4 not as empty words on a page, but as the living word of God that it is..."His faithfulness is your shield." Don't run! Don't stop! With his faithfulness before you press ahead. Don't give up until you see God come through. He will. It is coming. Press on!

No comments: