Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"For theTroubled"

We all know that in this sin-fallen world trouble is bound to find us. Yet, when it does, knowing that does not make us feel any better does it?

You watch as the floor of our financial market appears to fall out and you here your future retirement funds saying, "bye, bye." You watch everybody else get their power back on while yours stays off. Somebody rams you in the rear end and puts your car in the shop. A loved dies unexpectedly. A friendship is on the rocks. Do I need to go on? Of course not, we are all familiar with trouble.

So, what words do I have that will change your life in the face of trouble? I have none to offer of my own. But what I do have to offer is better. This week I read a promise from God's word that I have been holding onto. It is real to life and yet it presents great hope. Psalm 137:8 says, "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life."

Is trouble real? yes. Will you and I walk through our share of trouble in this life? Yes. Does trouble have to destroy me? No. Does trouble have to have the final say in my life? No.

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you, O, Lord, preserve my life." Are you in the midst of trouble? Why not take a moment right now to meditate on that sentence? Repeat it over and over in your head. Say it out loud. Then ask Jesus to show up and reveal anything he especially wants you to hear from him about your trouble and his power.

I am praying for you. Any trouble I can pray specifically about with you?

No comments: