Thursday, September 5, 2013

"If You Would Just Look" by Nicole Sizemore

This week my random thoughts are not mine.  They come from Living Hope Member and fellow Jesus Freak, Nicole Sizemore.  I can't say it better, so this one is all you, Nicole! 
"I have been thinking... you get what you look for. I remember my first time at Living Hope Church, I was sitting there an uncomfortable sweaty hot mess trying to gain my composure after the worship band's beautiful rendition of Amazing Grace (my chains are gone), and then Pastor Chad takes the stage and starts talking about how when he was little and couldn't find things Ms. Rose would always ask "well did you look?" Pretty soon he had me laughing and relaxed just enough to open up to his message about going through life blind. It was a life changing day for me, and I will never forget it. When I was little and I couldn't find something my ma maw would always say "Nikki! if you would just look" and then grab whatever it was right out from under my nose. So yesterday I was sitting in the drive through jamming out to "My Savior lives", letting lose in full worship mode and this older gentleman walks by and starts singing with me. Before I could die from embarrassment he shoots me a thumbs up...and I had to laugh. Then I thought "man I have never in my life came across as many Jesus freaks as I have the last few months or so" and then I heard my ma maw say "well if you would just look!" That got me thinking about how you really do find what you look for. There was never any shortage of trouble when I went searching. I used to know a million different ways to find a million different things that were terrible for me. And the saddest thing is you don't even have to be looking for really bad things like heroin or cocaine...you can wake up in the morning "looking" for your boss to be a jerk, or a terrible drive to work, or your kids to be bratty. You can look for all sorts of things that make you unhappy, or even discontent, and you will find those things. But say if you look at the job you are blessed with, the car you have to drive, the beautiful children whose crankiness will leave a gaping hole one day when they are all grown up, look at that stuff instead, look for the blessing behind every inconvenience and you will start to find those blessings. Look for miracles and you will see them all over and every day! I am not claiming that I got it all together by any means, I look for trouble all the time by worrying about things that I have no control over, but I have also spent a lot less time lately praying for all things I need and praising for what I have instead. I see blessings everywhere! and the more I see the more I look so the more I see... get it? I think Jesus said something like "seek and ye will find" or something like that (I will "look" it up later harhar), but pretty much I think what He said was you get what you look for. Peace, love and prayers my friends!!"

2 comments:

Bonnie G said...

Love love this. Just what I needed to hear. You rock Nicole. Don't ever stop looking.

Candy Yeazel said...

People used to ask me why they never experience a miracle. I used to say be thankful you aren't in the position you need a really big miracle. As I've grown older and maybe wiser I have to go with your thoughts. Take a look. They are all around you.