Thursday, June 28, 2012

"Blown Away"

Last week, went went to Kings Island and just rode all of the water rides.  Seth giggled so hard on "White Water Canyon" ...there is nothing better than hearing a 4 year old just loose it in laughter.  Then, we rode "Congo Falls," which is a large, basically, log ride.  We rode the ride, got soaked and had fun.  But then I told Anna and Seth that it was now time for them to experience the bridge.  If you stand at the right spot on the bridge, the wave that the "Congo Falls" ride creates not only drenches you from head to toe, but it comes with such a force that, if not prepared, it will knock a person back a step or two.

"Anna, Seth, " I said, "Stand right here with me and hold on to the railing with all your strength."

"Why, Daddy?," They asked inncocently.

"You'll see," I said, "Just hang on tight."

I then stood behind them, down came the ride and up came the wave...WHOOSH!

I felt Anna and Seth both fall back in my arms.  Then the water cleared and both of them were standing with their mouths wide opened, stunned.

"Did you like that?"  I asked.

They both began to laugh and then Seth said, "Daddy, I tried to hold on, but the wave was too strong." 

I said, "That's OK, Buddy.  I had you.  Did you like it?"

His reply?  "Let's do it again!"

Look at Ephesians 3:14-21.  Go ahead...open your Bible or read it on an on-line version...this is a good one...you will want to read it yourself.

Can't you just see the heavely Father taking you up on the bridge where you can get a good view of how wide and high and long and deep is the love of Christ Jesus.  You are taking it all in, when suddenly, WHOOSH!

"Whoa...what was that...it just about knocked me over," you exclaim.

The Father says,"That is my love.  It is so powerful that it surpasses all knowledge, which is Bible lingo for, 'It blows you away!'  Becuase it can do in your life immeasurably more than you ever ask or can even imagine." 

Friends, you are an awesome church! God has been blowing me away with his love that I see at work in you.  This month several people have made personal commitements to Christ!  The Kids Summer Camp has illustrated how you have grabbed hold of the relaity that if the next generation is going to catch the fire of Christ that means we parents and we the church family must be directly involved in passing on the flame of faith to them!  Our teen ministry has not been surviving, but thriving this summer! The Men of Action Group is directly involved in helping get started the first safe house in Dayton for Human Trafficking victims and was featured in the Dayton Daily News!  On July 4, we will have the opportunity to share an act of kindness in Jesus name for 1000's of families at our booth at the Americana Festival!  And then, Sunday, July 8, in one combined service at 11 AM we will welcome the Ukraine Orphans we have been sponsoring the last four years!

WHOOSH!  "What was that?"

That was the love of Jesus Christ once again blowing me away as he expresses himself through you and once again does immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine.

Have you read the Scripture I referenced yet?  Come on...check it out...it will blow you away!

No comments: