Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"The End is the Beginning"

As you know, in January, I enrolled in Weight Watchers. Last month, I reached my goal, loosing 42 pounds (By the way, I want to give God praise. During this time of weight loss he has shown me in one more way how he can do for us what we cannot do for ourselves as we let him strengthen us through his Spirit and use others to hold us accountable--Thank you Kimberly, my Life Group and my accountability partner, Damon Price). Now that I am at the end, I have spent the last few weeks realizing, this is just the beginning of continuing to live and eat in a whole new way.

The Kingdom of God is like that--the end is always the beginning!

Baptism is not where our faith in Christ ends, but where it begins.

Dedicating ones child to the Lord was not an act that was done once and for all on Sunday, but a commitment that now begins to be lived out every day.

A Graduation is not an end, but a beginning of a new stage of life.

A wedding does not end a romance, but where a romance is truly to begin.

A funeral does not recognize the end of a life, but the beginning of eternal life for those who die in Christ.

The end of the world as we know it is not the end, but the beginning of the new heaven and the new earth that Jesus will make as one.

In the Kingdom of God the end is the beginning because the cross of Christ was followed by the empty tomb!

In Christ Jesus, we have this forever hope: The end is always the beginning! May God help us to live what we believe!

2 comments:

danellejoy said...

Thank you Pastor Chad! With our firstborn graduating this year, I needed to hear this! ...makes it easier knowing she'll be rooming with her cousin Janae K! =) And I wanted to say congratulations on reaching your WW goal! Super!

Chad said...

I will be praying for you as you prepare to send her off to college...I can't even think about it for ours without tearing up and she is only five.