Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"The Jar"

For the past several Sundays we have been praying together over a jar in our worship area full of relationships. Each week the jar has been added to and each week God has been answering our prayers. Here are a few true, jar stories:

• Two friends have been reconciled after 6 months of not speaking.
• A marriage had a major breakthrough and God is resurrecting what was all but
dead.
• A mother and daughter are finding that fresh starts can happen.
• A man has begun to identify his destructive role as an enabler in a
relationship.
• Two brothers are now beginning to act like brothers again.
• Two people have discovered a personal relationship with God through Christ.

Today, I am writing to ask you to write the “Random Thoughts” for this week. What can you add to my bullet point list above? It would mean a great deal to hear what God is doing with the “jar” relationships for which you have been praying. Let’s give God credit! Send me an email.

As you consider your response, please keep on remembering this: Jesus said, “Wherever two or three are gathered in my name there I am with them and whatever they ask will be given to them.” The context of this promise is nothing more and nothing less than relationships. The sooner we accept that the sooner life with all its joys and tragedies will begin to make sense….the point God wants us to get is all that matters in life and death are relationships…relationship with God and with one another. Nothing else matters compared to that. And until nothing else matters compared to our relationship with God and one another, then we will continue to miss out, live for less, be confused, chase after futility and perhaps reach our last breath realizing we completely missed the point. But as we continue to make this faith journey about one we are to make together rather than solo, by God’s grace, we can throw off the lies of the urgently unimportant and live and die for what is most important.

So, again, I ask, how has God been working in you and your relationships with God and/or others these past several weeks? Thank you for being a church family that remains real and receptive!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I met with my connect brother from celebrate recovery. We asked Jesus to change our hearts and give my wife, Nancy and I another chance to reconcile our marriage.

We are meeting tomorrow morning at the court house for a dissolution.

Thank you for your prayers

Eric

Anonymous said...

I met with my connect brother from celebrate recovery. We asked Jesus to change our hearts and give my wife, Nancy and I another chance to reconcile our marriage.

We are meeting tomorrow morning at the court house for a dissolution.

We need your prayers

Eric

Chad said...

I am praying with you and for you!